Dubai has a very strong tourist flow that is what makes its transportation system very intrinsic to the overall infrastructure of the country. While public transportation in the core areas is fully developed and still flourishing, the sub-urban needs to be explored with the help of private vehicles or the rented ones. The road network in Dubai is undoubtedly top-notch and the credit for the same goes to the government. The mixture of all these factors has led to a surge in the operation of car rental companies operating in the country and see good business here not only due to the tourists but also because of the large number of other businesses that operate here. The regular and consistent inflow of people for professional reasons also makes much use of these rental facilities and that is why many car rental business in Dubai concentrate on these customers rather than any other section. Car rental business is really profitable one considering to other business setup in Dubai. If you are also planning for a car rental business setup in Dubai but do not know where to start, we have laid down the list of requirements for the same.
Things to Know While Setting Up a Car Rental Business in Dubai
- The first criterion that you need to fulfil is that you need a physical office of about 150 metres squared to begin from. The size of this place will depend upon the size of your fleet and the amount of parking space that you need. A good site for setting it up can be near the airport or other places of tourist arrival so that you are the first one to reach out to them. A distant location is bound to reflect in bad business for you.
- You need to decide on the kind of fleet that you would want to maintain. A proper identification of your client base will give you a good guess around what kind of cars you would want to maintain.
- An often neglected aspect is to get into an agreement with a service management firm that would help you take care of your fleet and keep it up to date. You would not have to run around looking for a reliable service provider every time your cars break down and will not have to negotiate with them as well. An established system around the same will not only be monetarily viable but also provide for ease of doing your business too.
- You would need to get a local licence other than free zone business license for running this business. You need to fulfil the requirement of the RTA (Road and Transportation Authority) to get this licence. The details for the same can be found on the government website or can also be provided for by the agency that you will be working with to setup your car rental business in Dubai.
- Your car rental licence is subject to checking from the RTA at any point and that is why you need to keep your business regulated and running efficiently at all points.
There are many instances in this procedure which require you to get in touch with authorities and that is why Business Link UAE is here to help you through this. We will get the required documents arranged for you and give you the initial support of setting up a car rental business in Dubai.