All You Need to Know About KIZAD Business Setup
Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi or KIZAD is an innovative Free Zone established in the capital emirate of the UAE. It is located next to the highly developed port – Khalifa port. KIZAD is popularly known as an administrative center. This professional business landscape offers superb connectivity between Asia, Africa, Europe, and Abu Dhabi. From hi-tech infrastructure to modern transportation network with multi-modal connectivity, this Free Zone is a dream destination for many people in business who are planning a business setup in Abu Dhabi.
In KIZAD, you need not worry about infrastructure. It is popularly known for its physical facilities, warehouses, storage, and a production facility. There are more reasons to have KIZAD business setup. It is an amazing pick for storage, trading, and manufacturing business setup in the UAE. It has Flexi-desks and offices and more importantly, free of charge trading license for businesses renting an executive office.
Requirements for KIZAD Business Setup
For KIZAD Free zone business setup, you need to follow the below process and submit the stated documents:
- KIZAD authority allows both free zone and non-free zone company setup.
- Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development can offer dual license also.
- Under the dual license, you can have a business in Free zone and mainland.
- Submit the following documents
- Passport copy
- Photograph in passport size
- Bank statements
- Business plan
- Resume or CV
- Educational proof for service activities
- Deposit of 26000 AED to corporate bank as proof or minimum share capital.
KIZAD license allows you to carry trading, logistic, manufacturing, and industrial business activities in the area. It also offers tax exemption on the raw material. Further, KIZAD also welcomes service activities, including marketing, management, travel agencies, freight forwarding support, and more.
On a single KIZAD license, you are allowed to run five similar businesses under a single company name (specifically for an industrial license, trading license and service license). The license cost starts with 11000 AED, including Flexi-desk rental. For the warehouse, you need to pay 350 AED/sq. meter each year. Renewal costs are separate. Company owner does not need to be present for renewals.
In the case of company liquidation, the owner needs to bear a liquidation cost of 2,625 AED. This process takes a month.
Why Set Up Business in KIZAD?
Advantages of business set in KIZAD Free zone include:
- Hi-tech infrastructure and world-class operating environment
- Tax-free setup
- No separate physical space required
- Dual license available
- No export taxes
- Joint venture companies get custom exemptions
- Exemption on importing of raw material, machinery, and equipment
- Location is absolutely amazing to run any business with access to international and regional markets
- Access to airport, seaport, railways and more
- Easy registration and convenient licensing process
Business Link UAE has been in this business of visa, license and business set up from the past many years. We will be more than delighted to help you throughout the process of business setup in UAE until it is running smoothly.