Sustainable agriculture is farming in such a way as to conserve the environment, aid and expand natural resources, and make the best use of non-renewable resources. The UAE is making headway among the many nations that have already implemented a sustainable agriculture business.
With global crises like climate change soaring, it is more important than ever to turn to practices that prevent further harm to the planet. One such practice is to move to sustainable agriculture, which the UAE government is recently encouraging strongly.
To start at the beginning, the term sustainable agriculture refers to a site-specific integrated system of plant and animal production practices that would satisfy human food and fiber requirements in the long run.
It is designed to improve the environmental quality and natural resources based on which the agricultural economy is based.
A sustainable agriculture business makes the most efficient use of nonrenewable resources and on-farm resources. This includes natural biological cycles and controls where applicable by maintaining agriculture activities’ economic viability. And improving farmers’ and society’s overall quality of life.
The UAE’s goal to build a sustainable economy
The UAE is building sustainable and integrated food security systems for new business startups that use cutting-edge technology to create innovative solutions to food security concerns.
In other words, the country is currently supporting and extensively implementing sustainable farming techniques to protect the environment, expand the Earth’s natural resource base, and maintain and improve soil fertility.
It also aims to maintain farmers, resources, and communities by promoting profitable, environmentally sound, and community-friendly farming techniques.
Vertical farming, hydroponics, organic farming, and controlled environment agriculture are some of the strategies used in sustainable agriculture to grow local fruits and vegetables with little resources.
You choose from:
Determine whether your company will produce, market, store, distribute, or process agricultural products.
Establishing an agriculture business in the UAE
- The first step is to start by picking an agricultural activity. Cultivating agricultural commodities, providing farming-related products and services to farmers, increasing agricultural commodity value, and streamlining agricultural goods sales through marketing, distribution, and safety are all examples of agricultural business activities.
- The second stage is to name your company activity after you’ve decided on it. Your company name should leave an indelible impact on your target audience.
Furthermore, it should summarize everything about your company. So, when naming your company, keep your products/services, niche, and future expansion in mind. You can use the assistance of professional business setup consultants to ensure your company name is within the UAE trade name laws.
3. Next, define the company structure, which clarifies authority and responsibility. Moreover, it establishes the company’s operations, upkeeping, existence, and legal standing.
As a result, choose a firm structure wisely. In the UAE, your firm could be a sole proprietorship, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), or a branch office of a foreign company.
4. Then choose wisely where you want to locate your business. The UAE permits agricultural companies to be established on the Mainland or in one of the free zones. So, select an area based on its unique amenities and infrastructure. Find a location that will provide the optimum circumstances for your plant-based or animal-based products. Business consultants in UAE can assist you in picking an ideal location based on your business needs.
5. An agricultural business might be either product- or service-based, or both. As a result, you will require a professional or commercial license. You must submit the documents and pay for registration to apply for a suitable agricultural business license in UAE.
- Copies of passports and visas
- Two passport-sized photos
- Entry visa and stamp pages
Note that you’ll need a few extra documents depending on your business activity because an agricultural enterprise might involve a wide range of activities. Furthermore, the type of business license in the UAE depends on the organization’s structure.
This is where professional business setup consultants in UAE can assist you with organizing all of the relevant documentation and approvals.
- Aside from economic and political stability and effective supply chain management, the UAE ranks highly in terms of ease of doing business. As a result, establishing an agricultural firm is simple and requires little paperwork.
- The UAE is a place of outstanding technological advancements, infrastructure, and facilities. Furthermore, it boasts an efficient transportation network both within and outside of the country.
- Furthermore, your agriculture business can benefit from the UAE’s strategic location on the emerging Southern Silk Road connecting Asia, Europe, and Africa, which offers favorable trading circumstances.
- Seminars and workshops on cutting-edge farming methods offered by the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment can help your business.
- Most farmers and farm owners need help to produce customer-centric commercial items. Your agriculture business in the UAE can help them with production while also adding value to their products.
- The UAE has one of the most brilliant workforces in the world, with expertise in supply chain management, value addition, marketing, distribution, and microfinance, among other areas.
- Consumer preferences have recently shifted dramatically. The growing demand for premium organic items in Dubai has expanded the opportunities for agricultural businesses.
- You can enjoy practically 0% taxes, full control of your business, and 100% repatriation of your invested cash and profits. However, entrepreneurs must pay a 5% import tax.