Dubai is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world with a thriving economy – making it an attractive destination for people looking to work, live, and invest. This guide will provide you with all the information you need to move to Dubai to obtain a business license from the UK.
If you are a UK investor, the first step to moving to Dubai is obtaining the correct visa. UK citizens can obtain a tourist visa on arrival, which allows them to stay in Dubai for up to 30 days. However, if you plan to stay longer or work in Dubai, you will need to obtain a work visa or a residence visa.
To obtain a work visa, you must have a job offer from a Dubai-based company. The employer will be responsible for sponsoring your visa and handling the application process. To obtain a residence visa, you must either own property or have sponsorship by a family member who is a resident of Dubai.
Dubai is home to luxurious and modern housing options. When looking for a place to live, you have a variety of options to choose from, including apartments, villas, and townhouses. The most popular areas to live in Dubai are Dubai Marina, Downtown Dubai, and Palm Jumeirah.
We recommend that you research the different areas and neighborhoods in Dubai to find one that suits your needs and budget. Some factors to consider when choosing a neighborhood include proximity to your workplace, access to public transportation, and the availability of amenities like supermarkets, schools, and healthcare facilities.
Cost of Living
Dubai is known for its high cost of living, and it is important to budget accordingly before moving. While the cost of housing is generally high, other expenses such as groceries, transportation, and healthcare are relatively affordable compared to other major cities. It is recommended that you research the cost of living in Dubai and create a budget to ensure that you can afford to live comfortably in the city.
Dubai has a modern and efficient healthcare system, with both public and private healthcare facilities available. The Dubai Health Authority regulates healthcare in the city, and all residents are required to have health insurance.
If you are moving to Dubai for work, your employer will likely provide health insurance as part of your benefits package. However, if you are moving to Dubai independently, you will need to purchase health insurance on your own.
Dubai has a variety of international schools that cater to students of different nationalities and educational backgrounds. Many schools follow the British curriculum, making it an attractive option for UK citizens moving to Dubai with children.
Culture and Society
Dubai is a multicultural city that embraces diversity and tolerance. While Arabic is the official language of the UAE, English is widely spoken and is the language of business. The city has a vibrant ex-pat community, with people from all over the world living and working in Dubai.
It is important to be aware of the local customs and laws when living in Dubai. The UAE is a Muslim country. If it is relatively liberal, it is important to respect local customs and dress modestly in public places.
Working in Dubai
With a thriving economy and business-friendly environment, the city is home to a variety of industries. These include finance, technology, hospitality, and tourism. If you are moving to Dubai for work, it’s best to research the job market and network with professionals to increase chances of finding employment.
Benefits of moving from the UK to Dubai:
- Tax Benefits: One of the major benefits of moving to Dubai from the UK is the tax benefits. Dubai has no income tax, capital gains tax, or inheritance tax. All of which can result in significant savings for individuals and businesses.
- High Standard of Living: Dubai offers a high standard of living with modern infrastructure and facilities, including excellent healthcare, education, and entertainment options. Dubai is famous for its luxurious lifestyle, beautiful beaches, and year-round sunshine.
- Business Opportunities: Dubai is a global business hub and offers numerous opportunities for businesses of all sizes. The city’s strategic location and its reputation as a business-friendly environment make it an attractive destination for entrepreneurs and investors.
- Cultural Diversity: Dubai is a cosmopolitan city with a diverse population from around the world. This diversity creates a unique cultural experience, with various cuisines, languages, and customs.
- Safety: Dubai is a safe and secure city, with low crime rates and strict laws.
Dubai has excellent transportation infrastructure, including an international airport with direct flights to most major cities around the world. This makes it easy to travel to and from Dubai for business or leisure.