11 Tips To Get Residence Visa For Your Family in Dubai

UAE is a country where everyone dreams to work and live in. The country is home to thousands of professionals from around the world who come to Dubai for the advancement of their careers. Many ex-pats in Dubai wish to bring their family to the city of dreams but are not aware of the process and the possibilities. In this article, we aim to educate the UAE ex-pat community about the process of sponsoring a family in the UAE. For family sponsorship, the very first step is to apply for a residence visa. A Dubai Residence Visa gives you the legal rights to live in the UAE.

Eligibility to get a Dubai residency visa:

  1. You can sponsor your family only if you have a valid residency permit.
  2. Your monthly salary must not be less than AED 3000 plus accommodation or AED 4000, exclusive of accommodation.
  3. Family members are generally given visas for 1, 2, or 3 years. Depending on the sponsoring member’s labor contract and nature of work as well as their capacity as an employer or employee.
  4. Expatriate employers are given a residency visa for 3 years. Base on the labor law the expatriate employee will provide a visa for 1 year or 2 years.
  5. The visa duration of sponsor residents, excluding sponsored parents. Adult males who are studying are the same as their sponsors.
  6. In order to get a family visa in Dubai, the applicants, who are already above 18 years of age, need to pass a medical fitness test at a government-approved health center. The applicants will test for pulmonary tuberculosis and HIV. If the applicant found to affect by a communicable disease. The residency visa won’t be grants and the application will be deported immediately.
  7. If you wish to sponsor your wife’s residence visa, you’ll have to submit an authenticated marriage certificate written in Arabic or translated into Arabic by a qualified translator in order to prove your marital relationship. Muslim residents may allow sponsoring two wives provided that meet the conditionGDRFA.
  8. You can sponsor your son up to the age of 18. If your son is studying abroad or in the UAE, you can sponsor him until the age of 21. Your son must enter the UAE at least once every 6 months. In order for his residence visa to remain valid. You also need to place a deposit with the corresponding GDRFA for your son’s visa. On a yearly basis, the visa is given. Can renew until your son finishes his education.
  9. You can also sponsor your daughter.  No matter what her age is until she is not mary.

Documents that you need to submit to get a residence visa for your family

  • An attested work contract or a salary certificate
  • Typed application form
  • Emirates ID card, labor card, and attested tenancy contract
  • Marriage certificate attested by UAE authorities or in your home country
  • 3 passport-sized photos of family members
  • A medical check-up report of family members from authorizing clinic/hospital. An original and copy of the passports of family members and the sponsor.
  • Long-time residents also need to submit a 3-month bank statement. New residents can submit a bank letter validating salary transfer or a 1-month bank statement.
  • Whether it’s a family visa renewal UAE or a new visa application, you need to pay UAE residence visa fees.
  • Once you pay the fees, submit the application form and supporting documents to GDRFA.  Get the residence visa stamp on the passport of your family member.

To make the visa process more fast and efficient, it’s always recommended to team up with a reputable Business Setup Consultancy firm in Dubai, as the Business Link UAE. We at Business Link UAE have the best business, property, and residence visa consultants. Who can help with every step of your visa process and can complete the process in a fast and efficient manner.

For more information contact us at 00 971 556070118 or email us to info@businesslinkuae.com