Abu Dhabi – is an ideal destination to live, work, study, invest and thrive. Moreover, this is a well-loved city, chiefly due to its unmatched lifestyle, enviable culture, and diversified people. Numerous high-growth fields exist in Abu Dhabi, offering exceptional people chances to advance, prosper, and flourish. R&D, medicine, agribusiness, financial sectors, and thriving start-up culture are a few of these. Obtaining a Golden Visa in Abu Dhabi would be a smart choice if you wish to secure your future in the capital.
What is the Golden Visa for Abu Dhabi?
The program for long-term residency visas is an initiative by the UAE government and allows prospective applicants to live in the UAE without a UAE national sponsor.
According to the category, these visas can be granted for a minimum of ten years.
What are the Golden Visa’s significant benefits?
Holders of Golden Visas gain long-term residency in the UAE, which provides greater security and allows them to invest and pursue long-standing professions in the UAE.
Based on the type and eligibility of sponsorship determined by each visa category, holders of Golden Visas may sponsor senior employees along with family members and children.
Abu Dhabi Golden Visa eligibility:
Regarding the eligibility criteria for the Golden Visa in Abu Dhabi, specific rules differ from the generic rules for the UAE Golden Visa.
The following are categories eligible to apply with further requirements for each below.
Investors in business and real estate, entrepreneurs for business setup in Dubai, doctors, scientists, artists, and other creatives, executive directors, sports professionals, Ph.D. holders, high school students, recent graduates, specialists in priority educational fields, such as early childhood, and specialists in engineering and science are just a some of the applicant categories eligible for the Golden Visa.
- Invest in a property with a total value of at least AED 2 million
- Minimum cash down payment of AED 2 million of the property’s value or portfolio of properties must be made.
- A minimum AED 2 million capital allocation in an Abu Dhabi-based investment fund or bank account
- AED 2 million or more was invested in establishing a business in Abu Dhabi, or at least AED 2 million was contributed as a partner in an existing or new business.
- You own a business that pays federal taxes of AED 250,000 or more annually
- Being a partner in a business that pays federal taxes and making an annual tax contribution of at least AED 250,000 or more
- Investments should be sustained for at least two more years after the visa approval
Contact us to know what you need for this visa type.
- A current project with funding of at least 500,000 AED
- An approved business incubator
Business Link helps facilitate new business setups across the UAE. From legal documentation and PRO services to company formation services. Contact us to learn more about how you can be a part of this visa category.
Student (High School, University)
High school students: Abu Dhabi offers a 5-year visa for this category. Below are the eligibility criteria:
- Obtained honorary grades at an Abu Dhabi high school
- Ministry of Education recommendation
University graduates: Abu Dhabi offers a 10-year visa for this category. Below are the eligibility criteria:
- Must have graduated from an accredited Abu Dhabi university
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.8
The Unique Talents category includes:
- Must hold a licensed Abu Dhabi Department of Health license to practice medicine.
- Should be recommended by the Emirates Scientists Council or recipient of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Distinguishment.
- Must have recommendations from Abu Dhabi’s specialist government cultural organizations.
- Must own a patent that adds value to the Abu Dhabi economy and be recommended by the Ministry of Economy.
- Bachelor’s degree is required (or equivalent)
- Five years of work experience is a minimum
- A monthly salary of AED 50,000 is the threshold
- Legal contract of employment in Abu Dhabi
- Must be a professional in one of the country’s priority specialized subjects, as determined by the appropriate authorities.
Should be the holder of a recommendation from the Abu Dhabi Sports Council or the General Sports Authority. In addition, applicants for this category must fall within one of the following groups:
- Outstanding athletic ability
- Achieved excellence in sports
- Holds a leadership position in a committee, organization, or international sports federation.
- Sports medicine as a profession
Engineers must hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the following fields from an institution, which is under the certification of the Ministry of Education. Additionally, applicants must also be working in that field in Abu Dhabi:
- Virology and Epidemiology
- Machine Intelligence
- Applied Computer Science
- Engineering in Electrical
- Software Development
- Engineering in Electronics
- Genetic Modification
- Biological Engineering
Must have a Ph.D. degree from a university recognized by the Ministry of Education in one of Abu Dhabi’s core professions.
Health insurance requirements when submitting a Golden Visa application
UAE residents need to present proof of a current medical insurance policy to acquire the Abu Dhabi Golden visa.
A medical insurance policy is mandatory for applicants outside the UAE. Correspondingly, applicants can contact us for further assistance and get their 6-month medical insurance coverage.
Can family members of applicants receive a Golden Visa?
Depending on the visa type, the Golden Visa is extendable to allow for the sponsorship of spouses, children, parents, and dependent siblings. For additional information, contact us.
Does the Golden Visa offer permanent residency?
No, according to the visa category chosen, the Abu Dhabi Golden Visa is a long-term residence visa with renewal available every five or ten years.