As a result of an accelerated effort by SAGIA/MISA, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has gained sustainable growth in past years with increasing company formation in KSA. Importing Businesses is the most important business formation which has increased rapidly. Saudi Arabia imposes the following particular rules and regulations for importing goods.
The Post was created intentionally to make awareness for the people who need to know the steps to follow in importing goods to Saudi Arabia. SASO (Saudi Standards, Metrology, and Quality Organization) conformity certificate is compulsory in Saudi Arabia in order to check product compliances. Hence it is one of the essential documents for importers to clear the shipment from the port.
Saudi Arabian Department of Customs (SADC) is responsible to implement and regulate custom procedures inside and outside the country.
How to Get an Import License in Saudi Arabia?
- Firstly, the importer should get registered under the Ministry of Commerce and Investment (MCI). It is necessary to get the appropriate import license from MCI.
- It is crucial to have the certificate of origin authenticated by a local chamber of commerce and should be translated into Arabic.
- Customs invoice (in triplicate), required for most imports into Saudi Arabia (except for goods with no significant value)!
- A commercial invoice (in triplicate) is vital which indicates the country of origin, name of the carrier, brand, and quantity of goods, and description of the goods including weight and value.
- The document stating clean and accurate shipping or airway bill
- For the protection of foods, it is important to have insurance documents, if shipments are sent CIF. Original documents must be accompanied by their Arabic translation.
- All import goods should have SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) Certificate of Compliance, issued by an authorized certification body in the country of origin.
- Meat products required a “Halal” certificate to specify that the slaughtering procedures follow Saudi regulations. Specific permission is required for some goods such as agricultural seeds, live animals, books, chemical materials, pharmaceutical products, etc. The Saudi government has restrictions on the following products such as weapons, adult magazines, alcoholic drinks, fur, pork, pornographic materials, and certain sculptures.
- Samples for display in shows or exhibitions are excluded from Saudi labeling and shelf life regulations but are subject to examination at the time of entry.
What Are The Important Documents Required For Import License in KSA?
The important documents required for all commercial shipments to Saudi Arabia are
- Commercial invoice
- Certificate of origin
- A clean bill of lading or airway
- Insurance certificate
- Packing list
However, the exporter is responsible for authenticating all special documents involved in the customs procedure. In addition the documents must be certified in the following order:
- It should be notarized by a Notary Public and certified by a local Exporting Country Chamber of Commerce.
- The document must be certified by the Exporting country-Saudi Arabian Business Council.
- The document has to legalize by the Saudi Embassy or any Saudi Consulate in the Exporting country
Business Link is one of the prominent business setup consultants in Saudi Arabia. Helping entrepreneurs achieve their destination by providing business support. We commit to working towards giving comprehensive solutions to the business setup process. Moreover, we have more than a decade’s experience in helping individuals to start their businesses in the Middle East and KSA. Shoot your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +971 55 6070 118 to get in touch with us.