Drones are becoming popular day by day. They’re increasingly being used for commercial and recreational applications. Drones, however, can jeopardize aircraft safety when they are flying near the airport. Those who live in Dubai and own a drone must register their unmanned aircraft with DCAA (Dubai Civil Aviation Authority). The fees for Getting a drone license in Dubai applications and renewal are the same and the registration usually takes about 9 days.
Drone operators must undergo security vetting. They should be at least 16 years old and should enroll in a drone operators course. Register owners will issue cards that can recognize by authorities and police. Red-color hobbyist cards are given to those who are flying drones for leisure. While blue-color commercial cards are issued to those who are flying drones for commercial purposes.
Users have to abide by the privacy and safety standards set by the GCAA (General Civil Aviation Authority). Drones use for recreational or personal purposes. It must fly within the line of your sight and within the boundaries of a licensed aviation club. GCAA prohibits operating drones near residential restricted and populated areas as well as airports.
Drone businesses are quickly becoming a lucrative option for many investors and entrepreneurs. If you’re planning to go for a drone business setup in Dubai, you must get a NOC (No-Objection Certificate) from DCAA. You can get the permit after registering and getting pre-assessment and approval from the right authority.
Here’s How You Can Get Dubai Drone License?
If you’re planning to set up a drone business in Dubai, getting a drone license is a must. Below are some steps on how you can apply for a drone license in Dubai:
- Register on the official DCAA website and apply for the service called “Issuing No Objection Certificate for Aerial Work.”
- Provide your contact details and the date, time, and coordinates of your drone flight.
- Depending on your drone flight’s commercial activity, you may need to submit a copy of approval from the right authority. If you are using your drone for filming, you’d have to get a copy of approval from DFTC. That would, in turn, get approval from the Ministry of Defence. The fees depend on the filming location.
- You have to pay additional online fees to DCAA. Processing time is 5 working days.
- Once you receive your drone permit in Dubai, you can then start flying your drone commercially or do aerial filming too.
Even if you have a permit, you should still obey privacy laws and never take photos or videos of people without permission.
If you’re new to the Dubai business industry, completing all the above-mentioned tasks might seem a bit daunting. The best way to get all the legal work done in a timely and efficient manner is to take assistance from professional business consultancy firms, such as the Business Link UAE.
Our PRO services in Dubai can help with your drone business setup in Dubai. We have efficient business setup consultants in Dubai who can successfully manage the procedures of company formation in the UAE. These experts can guide you through the multiple stages of business set up in Dubai and complete the necessary paperwork efficiently.
When setting up a drone business in Dubai, stay free from all the hassles and team up with business consultancy firms like the Business Link UAE as we provide PRO services and ensure that you are given full support for your company formation in UAE.