Steps for Subsidiary Company Formation in Dubai
The Govt. of Dubai has passed legislation, the Dubai Company Act, which allows foreign companies to Setup a subsidiary in Dubai, given the companies abide by all the rules. If you’re a foreign investor looking to Setup a subsidiary of your foreign company in Dubai, read the following steps to get started:
A tip to get you started: If you’re a foreigner looking to establish a subsidiary in Dubai then you should consider partnering with a business consultancy firm. Teaming up with a business setup consultancy firm, such as the Business Link UAE, will assure you a smooth company formation process as the consultancy firm will take care of every detail – from registering the right license to applying visas for your employees.
How to Open Subsidiary of a Foreign Company in Dubai?
Packed with all the glitz and glam, Dubai is not only a prime spot for tourism but also one of the world’s most business-friendly cities offering great business incentives. While the residents are actively utilizing the city’s business-friendly nature, investors and entrepreneurs from all over the world come to Dubai for business and consider it as an ideal investment spot.
When starting a business in Dubai, choosing the right business form is extremely crucial. If you’re a foreign investor looking to expand to Dubai, you can either open a branch or a subsidiary of your foreign company here in UAE. Each of the options comes with its own advantages but if you’re looking for more freedom then opening a subsidiary is the way to go. A branch company is an extension of the parent company and isn’t considered a separate legal entity while a subsidiary is a considered a separate legal entity and also gives control over its board of directors.
The Major Steps For Setting up a Subsidiary Company in Dubai:
According to the regulations of Dubai Government, all the companies in Dubai must register with the Department of Economic Development (DED).
- Your company name must be reserved and should be unique.
- Approval must be taken from the Department of Economic Development (DED) to carry out the trading activities.
- Notarization and drafting of Memorandum and Articles of Association by the Department of Economic Development (DED).
- Submission of all the relevant information of shareholders or directors to the Department of Economic Development (DED).
- Once the registration is completed, you’re required to apply for a trade license with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Benefits of Subsidiary Business Setup in Dubai
Company formation in UAE has multiple benefits and the same can be said for opening a Dubai subsidiary. Following are some major benefits that a Dubai subsidiary company will reap:
- Those who wish to start a subsidiary company in UAE can be assured of a great lifestyle as UAE offers high-quality infrastructure and a wide range of shopping, hoteling and entertainment options to make living and doing business in UAE easier and interesting.
- Registering a subsidiary in Dubai offers complete flexibility and freedom. A subsidiary is treated as a separate entity to the level of freedom it offers is significant, as compared to a branch company.
- You can also opt for any free zone to register a subsidiary company in Dubai.
- Another benefit that comes with opening a subsidiary is the credibility it offers to the business, particularly with banks, service providers and customers.
- A subsidiary gives its owners the ability to offset profits and losses of one part of a business with another one.
- There are no currency restrictions, so organizations can invest and do business with the currency that best suits their needs.
- Those who opt for a business startup in Dubai enjoy 100% tax exemption on Corporate and personal income and all imports and exports.
To take advantage of the benefits that come with forming a subsidiary of a foreign company in Dubai, entrepreneurs and investors should team up with a reputable Business Setup Consultancy in Dubai to help them make the business setup process, efficient and smooth.
At Business Link, we have the best Business setup consultants in Dubai who know how to make the process of business setup in Dubai a breeze for both, seasoned and aspiring entrepreneurs. From helping you apply for the right business license to creating a feasibility study and a business plan, our reputable business consultants will help you at each and every step of registering a subsidiary company in Dubai.