Emirates Authority for Standardization & Metrology (ESMA) was established in 2001 by the UAE Federal Law (28). The main aim behind the establishment of ESMA is to support the national economy to improve quality and overall excellence.
The other main factor of ESMA is making things more Standardized as compare to others like food products, construction materials, electronic products, petroleum products, lubricants, mechanical products, etc.
- Ensure standard products and their quality meets the minimum requirements.
- Ensure production limited and standard
The Emirates National Accreditation System (ENAS) also contributes to ESMA to improve the national economy
- To ensure the competence of conformity of the assessment bodies (CABs) which operated under UAE
- To make sure they are working well in conformity results issued by CABs
- Discussing and agreeing on mutual agreements (MRA) of international organizations
The National Measurement System gives authority to ESMA in the following fields
- Ensure and continuously approve the National Measurement Standards
- Support government, industry and other metrological issues when needed.
- Keep coordination to carry out the best results.
Information Center is operated by ESMA as a National Information Center to update all standardization and relative information at both national and international level.
Role of ESMA
- Ensure and issue UAE national standard
- Provide UAE standard products through ESMA’s website and stores.
- Ensure environment-friendly user implementation and use of UAE standard products
- Represents the UAE globally.
- Ensure a standard measurement system and its applications
- Keeps up-to-date on all information’s about standardization and its relevant activities at all levels
- Ensure the implementation of approved UAE standard, grant the Emirates Quality Mark (EQM) to local products, global products, and international products also issuing certificates of conformity
Emirates Authority for Standardization & Metrology (ESMA) is a great organization which maintains overall production industry and manages their productivity under a standard which keeps its quality, price value and demand in the market always on top. Also, it will help the UAE government to improve its economy on the national and global level.
- It makes a perfect ratio between products quality and quantity
- Reach of product increases due to its standard values
- Manage a price value according to products quality
- Manage Measurement Standards
- Growth in the economy
- Improves national and international relations with the various organization
- Ensure all products are certified and can be used with any risk
- Keep industries and their products use environment-friendly as possible
- Manages all industries in a proper way.
At Business Link UAE we provide assistance for our clients to know about Emirates Authority for Standardization & Metrology (ESMA). For more information about the process & procedures contact us at 00 971 556070118 or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org.