Some essentials you need to know about Alcohol trading license in UAE
The United Arab Emirates is a Muslim Country. The country follows the Sharia law which prohibits the consumption and purchase of alcohol. However, tourists and expatriates can legally acquire an Alcohol License in UAE. UAE allows liquor purchase and consumption to respect and please tourists and immigrants, but this could come with strict laws which everyone should follow. Here are the conditions for importing, selling, and drinking alcohol in the United Arab Emirates:
- The Muslim community isn’t allowed to consume alcohol in the UAE.
- Those who are at least 21 years old can have an alcohol license, and only those who have the license can engage in alcohol consumption and purchase.
- You can have an alcohol license if you are a UAE resident and have earnings of over AED 3000.
- Alcohol consumption is allowed only in licensed establishments. Avoid buying alcohol from random stores. Stick to only the authorized shops.
- Those who are not UAE residents can purchase and drink alcohol only in restricted locations.
- Married women should acquire a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from their husband in order to successfully get a license to consume alcohol.
- Liquor should be bought only from government-accredited shops.
- If you have a liquor business, you need a trade license.
- If you are living in a property you do not own, the property owner’s NOC and your tenancy contract are needed.
- It is illegal to promote and advertise alcoholic beverages.
- Liquor shops have restricted opening and closing hours.
Kinds of Liquor license in the UAE
Here are the following types of liquor license in UAE:
- Liquor Import License
- License to purchase liquor
- License to serve liquor within a bar, restaurant, or hotel
- License to sell liquor to third parties
How to Acquire a Liquor License in UAE
For those individuals looking to get a Liquor License in UAE, the following are the requirements and the procedure to get a liquor license in UAE:
- Process application from the MMI or African+ Eastern.
- Acquire the filled form and have it stamped and signed by your employer. Return the form along with the following:
- Copy of passport and resident’s visa
- Residential ownership or rental contract
- Passport sized pictures
- Official Ministry of Labor contract copy (both in English and Arabic)
- Pay the fees
- After all of the documents are ready, the store will tap the police and process the application on your behalf. This takes around 10 days.
- After the process is done, the shop will contact you for notification via call or text.
If you’re looking to engage in liquor-related business in the UAE, you need to prepare the following:
- Your personal details
- Premise details as to where you intend to sell the liquor
- Security storage details
- Fire precautions
- Approximate cost and volume of liquor
- The liquor license has 1-year validity.
- The liquor license is renewable.
- Purchasing liquor incurs 30% tax.
Fujairah and Ras Al Khaimah are two of the easiest places to obtain an alcohol trading license in the UAE easier than getting Alcohol License in Dubai. However, you can go through the process without trouble by working with the experts.
For those who want to go through the process the easy way, there are reliable agencies like the Business Link UAE to help you acquire Liquor Licence in UAE license fast and easy. You don’t have to go through all the hassle as you can simply choose to let the experts do the work. Save time and energy and acquire your alcohol license in no time.